Backup Exec 2010
Symantec Backup Exec™ 2010 provides new revenue opportunities to expand every server and application deployment with integrated deduplication and archiving technology to reduce your customer's storage costs and improve backup performance. Help your customers reduce business downtime with first-to-market technology designed to recover critical Microsoft applications and VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments in seconds.
- Integrated and adaptable deduplication (using NetBackup PureDisk technology) - Reduce storage costs while optimizing network utilization across physical and virtual environments.
- Unified Archiving (powered by Enterprise Vault) - Easily automate storage and management savings through efficient data lifecycle management.
- First-to-market granular recovery for virtual applications - Eliminate redundant backups for Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, and SQL in a virtual environment with integrated VMware and Hyper-V backup protection.
- Patent-pending Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) - Recovers critical Microsoft application data in seconds. Restores individual Exchange messages, SharePoint site items or documents, and Active Directory user preferences from a single-pass backup.
- Centralized 3-Tier Set-up, Reporting and Patch Management - Scalable job set-up, reporting and software patch management with Central Admin Server Option (CASO) and Backup Exec Infrastructure Manager (BEIM)*.
- Scalable heterogeneous support through remote Agents and Options - High-powered Backup Exec Remote Agents and Options extend data protection to Linux, Unix, Mac and Netware environments.
- Continuous Data Protection - Backup Exec replication technology ensures data changes are continuously backed up from remote servers.
- Innovative multi-product integration with market leading technologies - Easily complement any Backup Exec environment with complete disaster recovery protection and comprehensive desktop security from Symantec.